10.26.2007

Random mommy thoughts

You know you're a mom when you bend down to tie you own tennis shoes and catch yourself as you double knot them to keep them from coming untied. I had to sit down and have this conversation with myself. Leslie, you're not tying Pook's shoes. These are yours and if they come untied, you know how to re-tie them.

Took the kiddos to Family Treat Night at Baylor last night. The dorms are decorated and the students hand out candy from their rooms. Really kind of cool and Pookster came home with a haul of good candy. She even gave me the Butterfingers because she knows they're my favorite. She is a ballerina this year and Diesel is a scarecrow. They're both adorable if I do say so myself. I'll make sure to post pics after Halloween trick or treating next week.

Startling realization

I'm settling in to 35 pretty well. Or at least I thought I was. I really was doing fine until DH & I were watching the Today Show about Hoda Kotb's breast cancer story and then it hit me...I'm only 5 years away from having my first mammogram! Five years! As I said as much to DH, he reminded me that he's only 5 years away from yearly prostate exams. He wins!

Family time

My mom and stepdad are visiting this week and as such, it's been a hectic week. I feel like...check that...I HAVE been meeting myself coming and going. I told Mom, "welcome to my life!" We are baptizing Diesel on Sunday and I'm so glad that they are going to be here for it. At least this time, we're getting it done before he's a year old. Pook was baptized on her 1st birthday so we're ahead of the curve on this one.

Oh and I've decided that once the blog counter hits 1000 I'm taking it off. Just thought you might want to know.

2 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Good Morning! Yes I want to see halloween photos of the kids :) I always think there must be a way to slow things down so life is not so crazy, but I have not figured out how yet, if I do I will be sure and share with you! lol

Make sure someone at church has your camera for photos of the Baptism, that is often my job. To bad I can't just pop in on Sunday! Not that I am a Tash or anything but ok photos are better than no photos! :)

have a fabulous weekend!

Sosa's Wife said...

About the startling realization... You and I are the same age, and I had my first one done this year! They are doing "pre-mammograms" or something like that because women are getting breast cancer in their younger years now!
Well, it sounds like you all had fun with the Family Treat night at Baylor! I didn't know they did that! Might have to try it out next year!! Great blog entries BTW!
Elise (NikosMom on DSSA)