10.12.2007

Some boys are cute

Two...almost three...weeks since my last post. Bad blogger, bad blogger! But, since I'm sitting here waiting for the plumber to arrive, I'll take the opportunity to update.

Pook story first. Her PreK class went on a field trip to the County Fair this week. In the course of talking about her experience my 4 yr old and I had the following exchange.

Pook - "Mommy, Tanner's mommy forgot his snack today so I shared mine with him."
Me - "Sweetie, I am so very proud of you for sharing. That was very sweet."
Pook - "I shared with with Tanner because he's cute."
Me - "Excuse me? He's what?"
Pook - "Yeah, Mommy, some boys are cute."

WHAT?!?!?! Are you kidding me? Not yet! Don't start this just yet.

The Diesel is still toothless, but he does love his table food. This kid is a chewing champ! Crawling everywhere on all fours these days and he's started pulling himself up, too. Hard to believe that he's 10 months old. Where has the time gone?

Plumber problems
I mentioned that plumber earlier. Yep, it's official. We have to get a new water heater. We discovered it was leaking earlier this week and as I type this he's taking out the old one. I swear when it rains it pours around here. Thank the good Lord above that it's just the water heater and not some in the wall plumbing issues.

Broke down
I did. I finally caved to the technologically hip and got a BlackBerry. While not as ultimately cool as the iPhone, it does serve it's purpose for me and I love it. And, of course, I went with the red one. What can I say? I am a sucker for color.

2 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

ha ha ha, I just had to laugh at the 'are you kidding me' comment! Yep she is a sharp one, she is going to keep you on your toes!!

Chewing champ!! something about that just keeps going thru my head in sort of a sing song fashion! He is on the move,no stopping him now.

Yes, time sure does seem to fly by! I can't believe it is the middle of October already. Didn't Summer just start a couple of weeks ago! lol

Sonia said...

Oh Leslie I HATE Blackberry's with a passion, my DH has one and we get emails in the middle of the night!!! I would throw it in the bin, however I know DH would just come home with a new one :-) Hope you have more sense that my DH *lol*

Cheers Sonia