10.27.2007

It's midnight...

and I can't sleep. Must be that 2.5 hour nap I squeezed in today. More than likely it's the multitude of things rattling around in my head, none of which I can quite seem to place a finger on except for one. We baptize our sweet, sweet boy tomorrow and I find myself struggling with the fact that he's 10 months old and I have no idea where the time went. I feel relatively adjusted with the fact that the Pookster is four and that she's not a baby anymore, so why am I feeling this way?
Is it because he is our last baby? Is it because I feel so ultra-swamped with work and life that I feel like I'm missing out/have missed out on so much? I went back to work when Pook was 3 months old and I still feel like I had so much more time to give her. Maybe that's it...maybe it's having to split the time between my two precious kiddos that makes me feel like this. The classic working mother's guilt, huh? Maybe one day soon, my dream of being a WAHM will come true.

Gorgeous fall weather

It was an absolute jaw-dropping kind of gorgeous day! Sun shining. Light breeze with the perfect fall nip in the air. You know my mom and stepdad are in town and we had a glorious picnic at the RV park they are staying in. Pook had a blast playing at the playground and it was so incredibly peaceful that I had to drag myself and the kids away to head for the house to take naps.

Basketball widow

Have I mentioned that I'm basically husband-less until late March? Basketball season has started and that means long practices and away games. K-man does a fantastic job of really being here (you know...not just a body sitting in the chair kind of "here") when he is home. The kids squeal with delight when he comes through the door. Just tonight, Pook stood at the back door watching for his headlights in the driveway. I thank God everyday that our children love their daddy and that he is a daddy worthy of such love and adoration.

Off to bed for me. I think I've blogged myself to sleep. Until next time...

3 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

I grew up with a Basketball coach for a Dad. An amazing man, who gave 100% to the team but still seemed to have plenty for us at home too! Yes it is a blessing to have men like that in our lives. My Dad, my Husband and now I see it in my Son. Sometimes the blessings just overwhelm me.

So do we get to see photos of the little man getting baptized?

Fuzzy said...

hey you ditto on the getign tird and just wanting to be a WAHM but such is life hey.your kiddies aer too cute ..and i'm of to look at your design blog now lol i have no idea how i missed that*slaps self *

have a good day hugs fuzzy

Fuzzy said...

lol excuse my spelling i'm tired lol