8.29.2007

Random thoughts

My BIL comes home from the Middle East this week. This tour was only 3 months long but I can tell you how hard it's been on my sister and their kids. I can't even begin to imagine what Army and Marine families have to endure. I got to thinking about it again after watching the season finale of Army Wives this week. As the soldiers prepared to ship out and their wives and families stood there saying their goodbyes, I was in tears. I have such immense respect for the people who sacrifice so much for this country. Not just the soldiers, but their families...the ones left here to carry on. It's heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. I'm going to try to remember this when I complain about the travel involved with K-man's job. He's gone a week at a time at the most and at least I know there is always a return date. So really, what do I have to bitch about?

Happier thoughts

The Diesel is a monster! He's getting so big. Still doing the whole army crawl thing, but our sitter said he really crawled a couple of different times yesterday. I'll have to be on the lookout for that. We have had to lower the crib mattress though. After two mornings of walking into his room and finding him standing on his knees holding on the crib rail, I figured it was time. He's pulling up like that on everything he can reach these days. It really is cute. Especially when he looks and you and smiles like "do you see what I'm doing?" Still no teeth, though. It's crazy. We'll think one is about to come through and then it disappears so all we get are his adorable gummy smiles. He's also eating us out of house and home. I swear everytime I turn around I'm buying him more food at the grocery. I think it's a portend to his teenage years.

The Pookster loves her new school and has already learned so much. I love that we get something in her send home folder every day and she's so excited to show it to us. So hard for me to believe that she turns four on Sunday. Where has the time gone? Instead of this chubby little baby, we now have a petite pre-K kid who goes 90 to nothing pretty much nonstop.

Wouldn't trade either of our kiddos for all the tea in China! They and their daddy are my life. How'd I ever get so lucky?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that you know that luck had nothing to do with the enormous blessing that God has bestowed on you with such a wonderful husband and two absolutely precious children, but I just have to give God the praise. Can't wait to see you all soon.

Gretchen said...

Leslie,
I'm loving your blog. I linked through Cari's. You're a great writer and I love the digital scrap stuff. So creative! Have a great labor day! -Gretchen B.