9.02.2007

Where did the time go?

From this...


...to this


The Pookster is 4 today! So strange considering that I can remember vividly the day she was born. I'd never really understood love at first sight until the first time I looked at her. Isn't it amazing how much love we are capable of? A gift from God. Both the love and her. At 4, she now seems like a little girl and not the baby I want to hold on to. She is our opiniated chatterbox and oh-so-sweet lovebug. She is always telling us how much she loves us and I promise you that we never tire of hearing it. She is super-inquistive and incredibly smart. She'll be much smarter than me very soon I'm afraid. Her personality is bigger than she is and one look at those eyes tells you that she'll conquer the world someday. I pray that she always knows that she has us in her corner...that we want her to fly, but know that she'll always have a place to land. I pray that she will continue to grow in the love of the Lord and will one day make her own decision to follow Him.

I want to be able to put down in words everything I want for her, but words fail me and I find myself sitting here crying. Maybe that's my cue to turn in for the night. Maybe I'll be able to come back tomorrow and post more.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

I can't believe I missed this post. Nonnie joins Mom in her prayer for our precious Pookalicious.