8.22.2007

First day of Pre-K


I probably should be crying, right? I probably would be if Pook wasn't so darned excited about her new school. Kid you not. She had serious trouble going to sleep last night b/c she kept wanting to go to school. She was up at 11:30 last night standing on my side of the bed telling me that she had slept and that it was time to go to school. I sent her back to bed and when I got out of the shower this morning at 6:45, she was up. All bright-eyed and bushy-tailed ready to start the day.

You should've seen her when we dropped her at school. She went into her room like such a big girl and just started doing exactly what she was supposed to. Writing about it now makes me want to cry. I didn't even get to kiss her goodbye she was so busy. She just blew me a kiss and said "'Bye, Mommy!"

Mommy and Daddy are going to have to get used to this being at school by the same time everyday. That means managing the alarm clock a little better. Making lunch and gathering snacks have now been added to the morning routine. We'll get it down. Even if it means I have to get up earlier. Ugh.

BTW - the back-to-school desktop is a freebie from Shabby Miss Jenn Designs in honor of its first birthday. She has some really, really cute kits. Go check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooooo, LOVE Pook's hair! (You did so much better than your mama in the hair department. You know, right?) Love Pook! Miss Pook bunches. Nonna cried just reading this and looking at the pictures. Having fun telling the "Mama I've slept, now it's time to go to school" story. Too cute.
Can not wait to see you all in Oct.