5.05.2007

A day

10:23p. Saturday night. What I am doing? I'm sitting at my computer transfering the gazillion digital freebies that I have on CDs to my new 500GB external hard drive. Happy early Mother's Day to me! :) Have I mentioned how much I love my husband? The original gift was supposed to be the 320GB one, but he surprised me with the extra. Yeah, he pretty much ROCKS! Next task is to actually finish organizing them. Monstrous task that I am not looking forward to.

Had to work an event today. Working weekends bites. To top it all off, I locked my keys in my car this morning, locking my cell, my suit jacket, lipstick and full cup of Starbucks inside. Spare keys were here at home, but I couldn't bear to ask my extremely tired DH to load up 2 kids and bring them to me so I forewent the jacket and mourned the demise of my decaf cinnamon dolce latte. Several hours later, my friend gave me a ride to the house to retrieve aforementioned spare keys and took me back to my car. Trip to the grocery and my beloved Target and I finally made it home to watch the run for the roses in the Kentucky Derby. Did you see it? What a race! Street Sense by 2 lengths after running in 19th for 3/4 of the race. Amazing!

Did several loads of laundry, made taco salad for supper, put a tired Diesel and a VERY tired Pook to bed. The boy stayed down...the girl didn't. It's really our fault. We've got to get back to a consistent bedtime for her. Well, that and the fact that she didn't nap today. Two hours in her bed and not a single minute of sleep. We had several meltdowns tonight as a result. Bless her little heart.

My CD drive is now acting up and refusing to cooperate and I'm getting frustrated. I guess I should call it a night. I'm singing in church tomorrow so I really should already be in bed anyway.

No comments: