6.08.2007

What church do you go to?

Pook story coming up. Keep in mind that this is our chatterbox of a child.

At school, the teacher is talking about making good choices (this is the staple of their classroom) and always telling the truth. Our dear sweet daughter walks up to Mrs. Duncan, taps her on the shoulder and says.....

"Mrs. Duncan, Jesus doesn't want us to tell the truth."

*Mommy sidebar - HUH? Since when?

A lengthy conversation followed and I'm not really sure why the Pookster said that. It might be because we talk all the time about what makes God happy. You know...minding Mommy and Daddy, being nice to Diesel, not arguing, etc.

Oh...and Mrs. Duncan's reply?

"I've got to ask your Mommy & Daddy where y'all go to church?"

Goodness gracious!

The weekend

Thankfully the weekend is upon us and for the first time in what seems like forever, we're all going to be at home together. These are my favorite times. Lazy Saturday mornings when Pook climbs into bed between us and pesters us to turn on cartoons while we try to catch just a few more minutes of sleep before the Diesel beckons. Maybe my sweet husband will treat us to his yum-yum-yum delicioso pancakes tomorrow. (Those of you with kids will surely get that Dora reference :))

Speaking of tv shows...can I just say how completely bummed DH & I are that Studio 60 was cancelled. Grateful as we are that NBC is at least airing the remaining episodes, it just reminds us how miffed we are that it's not coming back. How they can keep My Name is Earl and dump such a witty, well-written show is beyond me.

Have I mentioned that DH & I play on a coed rec softball team? Silly me. It's a regular part of our summer routine. First softball game is tonight and we are soooo looking forward to it.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

O my! Pook, sweetie, we need to talk.

Playing softball, eh? What? Two burns on your body is not enough for ya? :-) Did you have fun? Wish I could have been there.

Chica Grande said...

You're a bunch of heathens is what you are and my children are not allowed to hang out with your children!