6.13.2007

Gamote & defrigiderator

I'm just a little sad. DH & I were reminiscing today about the things the Pookster used to say and do. Since she started talking, she's always had a vocabulary that amazed us, her teachers and even strangers. Still there were times that some words just weren't easy to say and she wound up with her own special pronunciations like
gamote = remote
defrigiderator = refrigerator
hunder = thunder

You get the idea. What has made me sad is that my sweet baby girl is not a baby anymore. She's not really even what I'd call a toddler. She's full-blown, sassy malassy, parent-correctin' little girl.

"Uh, Daddy...it's not gamote it's REmote."

Heaven help us when she hits her teens. :)

When it rains...

Why is it that when one part of your life gets hyper-busy all other parts seem to follow suit? This week at work has just slammed me. It might not be seem as bad if this week wasn't the week for the Pookster's swim lessons. Thank the dear Lord above for DH's flexible summer schedule (and help from my MIL) that has allowed me to work an extra 45 minutes while they run all over town picking up our offspring only to bring them back to this side of town for her swim lessons. The house is once again a wreck and laundry is screaming to be done. This is my life, I guess.

Cruise coming up

Passports? Check!
Tickets? Check!
Excitement? Double Check!!

This will be my first cruise (DH has been before) and I cannot wait! A glorius 8 day/7 night adventure for just us. And a couple of friends. And a boat full of people. But, hey, we'll be kid-free! Don't get me wrong. We're going to miss them like C-R-A-Z-Y, but they'll be in excellent hands with my sister (Hey, chica!) and having a blast with their cousins. 18 days and counting, baby! Can we leave tomorrow?

2 comments:

Joy said...

I've never been on a cruise! But it's in my to-do list! LOL! Hope you have a grand time!

jennieb75 said...

Oh, lucky lucky lucky you!!! I've never been on a cruise before... how exciting!! And especially kid-free! Have a blast!!!! Yay 18 days to go!
Cheers!