6.07.2007

Breathe deeply.....heck, just breath period

Whirlwind of a day week already. Oh, wait it's Thursday. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. What natural law is it that says anything thing that can go wrong will? I'm renaming it Leslie's Law.

Earlier this week, while curling my hair, I dropped the curling iron and tried to catch it...with my bare arm. Brilliant, I know. I'm sporting a pretty sweet burn on my upper right arm. Looks like I tried to brand myself. Then, today we almost had one seriously dead dog on our hands. Well, that's because I almost killed him. I had the responsibility of taking both the kiddos to their respective school and day care this morning. That always makes for a hectic morning, but it's not normally so patience-trying until you throw in an uncooperative dog. Shiner, our still-a-puppy Australian Shepherd, decided he didn't want to be put up this morning and proceeded to toy with me and wouldn't come when called. Not even for a treat. Damn dog. A result of his "play" he raked his tie-out cable across the top of my foot at a high rate of speed and took multiple layers of skin with it. Again, damn dog. So now I'm the not so happy host of not one, but two burns in the span of 3 days. I think I'll lock myself in the house this weekend and not even attempt to go near anything that might leave some kind of damaging mark on my skin. I just need to remember in times like these , when nothing seems to be going my way, to breathe deeply...heck, just breathe period.

The Pook & Diesel, by the by, were safely delivered. Thank God for those bright spots in my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn Sis, sounds like Khalil better do the cooking this weekend, also stay away from anything sharp!

I'm laughing, but only because I can see your face dealing with the dog.

Hope the injuries get better!!

Scott