12.08.2007

We've got a toofer!

FINALLY!!!! Diesel finally cut a tooth. Woke up on Wednesday morning and I did my usual toofer check and squealed like a little girl! Ten days away from his first birthday and he gets his first tooth. Geez! I hope they all start coming in now. We've got to play catch up.

Not my week
At the ripe old age of 35, I got my first case of strep throat...ever! Let me just put it to you plainly...it blows! Spent most of Tuesday feeling like utter poop and then Wednesday morning woke up with a fever. Finally got in to see the doctor at 1:40 and a shot of pencillin later I was on the road to recovery. Felt like a new woman on Thursday, but somewhere in the early evening I started losing my voice. This may be good news for some people, but for me, not so much. I have to sing a special in church on Sunday. I'm praying I miraculously get my voice back by tomorrow. Guess I'm going to have to Google remedies and try them all.

2 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Hi Leslie
Our daughter didn't cut her 1st tooth until about the same time as your little guy. My grandfather kept teasing me saying he was going to buy her false teeth!

So sorry about the strep, yes it totally bites! I will send warm soothing vibes and some prayers your way for a happy throat by tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Leslie-

Love your blog! The pictures and layouts are great--I have to learn from you!!

Here's my recipe for a better feeling throat:
Boil a mugful of H2O with freshly grated ginger and 1/2 of a freshly squeezed lemon. Strain it into the mug and sweeten it with honey (preferably organic, but anything will do when you're desperate!). If you're wanting some sleep, add a tablespoon of the best whiskey you got! You'll wake up feeling much better.

Hope you are well soon and that you can sing in church tomorrow!

Tammy