9.08.2008

relaxing weekend, busy monday, and other news

The K-man was home this weekend and it was so good to have him here. I swear the kids climbed all over him and barely left him alone all weekend. He even made it home on Friday in time to go play softball with our co-ed rec team. I think, however, I'm getting to old to play anymore. I pulled my quad first time up to the plate (still got a hit and got on though). Maybe I'm not too old after all. :)

Saturday was a day of just being lazy around the house. I scrapped a little while I had someone to occupy the kiddos and of course, there was college football to be watched. I also promised an adult-friendly dinner for my sweet husband after serving him kid-friendly fare Friday night. He requested the truly Southern meal of chicken fried chicken and mashed potatoes and that's what he got. I've got to tell you it was pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself. We had a garden salad and fresh asparagus, too. And about this meal, Pook announced midway through supper that this was not just for adults because she really liked it, too, and then proceeded to ask for seconds of the chicken. That's how I know I must have done something right.

Sunday was another pretty worthless day. We skipped out on church and pretty much just spent time as a family. Nothing special but the long honored tradition of a Sunday afternoon nap. It was glorious! Plus, we got word that our new realtor (more on that later) is showing the house today at 4:30. So needless to say, I've been cleaning most of the day trying to get the house back in shape after a weekend of sloth. Obviously, I'm done or I wouldn't have the luxury of sitting down here while Diesel naps. It so crazy that to think 15 minutes after we return from vacating the premises for the showing that it'll be right back to a disaster zone. I guess that's life with a preschooler and a toddler who is a one man wrecking crew! Now, I'm off to the shower. Hey, at least I'm going to get one today! LOL!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

So happy that K-man got to come home and spend the weekend with his fam. Hopefully, after the 4:30 showing, home will soon be in another town with everyone together again... from our lips to God's ears. AMEN!