7.09.2007

Blissfully tired & happy to be home

Ahoy, mateys! We're home and settled and blissfully tired. Now the mountainous task of laundry begins. What a great week we had. Four different ports and we have fallen in love with Roatan, Honduras. Seriously...DH was online last night looking for vacation properties there. On the 4th day of our cruise (July 4th) We hopped a cab with our two couple friends and headed to West Bay Beach. Our personal tour guide was Grace and she was fantastic. She stayed with us the whole day, sitting on the beach and watching our stuff. I snorkeled for the first time in my life in the reef there. They have the second largest reef in the world and it is absolutely gorgeous! So wish I'd have had an underwater camera. The colors of all the fish were amazing! We swam so far out that we could feel the temperature of the water change and when we looked down we had reached the drop off at the edge of the reef. The ocean floor drops to 1800 ft. there and I was staring down at the bluest water I've ever seen. The beaches are pristine and we were so sad to leave there, but know without a doubt that we will go back. It really was paradise.



Our first port, Cozumel, was fun as well. It was the only day we actually did an organized excursion. DH went on a Mexican Cuisine one and I spent the day on the beach. Luckily, they were at the same resort so I could run up and visit at any time. I also had the added perk of being able to sample the stuff they cooked. The grouper was outstanding, but I had to show you a photo of his dessert creation.




Day 5 had us porting in Costa Maya, Mexico and once again we grabbed a cab and headed out. We'd learned from some people in Honduras that Mahahual was the place to go and we soon found out that they were right. It's a very primitive fishing village with a stretch of gorgeous beach, the perfect breeze and friendly people. My friend and I got massages right on the beach and DH & her DH found us the perfect spot on the beach under a mangrove tree. Our only complaint about the place was that we had to leave it all too soon.



Progreso was our least favorite port so we spent only about an hour roaming around the city. I did get some cool architectural shots though.




Days 2 and 7 had DH in meetings all day so I spent my time lounging by the pool and reading and visiting with all the other wives on the trip.
I knew I had missed my kids, but I wasn't prepared to feel just how much I did until I saw them yesterday. They were waiting outside for us when we pulled up and I couldn't get out of the car fast enough. Pookster ran out to meet me I started crying. Our friend brought Diesel to me and I'm not ashamed to admit that I can't keep my lips off either one of my precious kiddos. They're going to be sick of me by the end of the day today.

Pook starts her first VBS tonight. She so excited and I know she'll have a blast. Laundry and the grocery store await me so I need to get off the computer now, but I'll be back to post about our nightlife aboard the Rhapsody of the Seas later.

1 comment:

Nae said...

A "friend" brought Diesel ... WOW... glad you are ashamed of your OLDEST child!

The pics are great! Glad you guys are home!