6.29.2007

Slacker blogger...but not by choice

Man, I haven't truly posted something worthwhile in what seems like ages. Work has had me so swamped that the only thoughts swimming around in my headache riddled brain have been about making sure that the mondo-conference I'm wrapping up today went off without any major bumps. T minus two hours and I will have achieved that goal. Yes, I'm blogging from work. Don't tell my boss. I needed a little me time in the middle of this morning. So shoot me!

I'm hoping and praying that this tic in my right eye goes away later today, too. Somehow I'm thinking it's going to hang on until we are leaving port on Sunday. I've made myself checklists of everything to pack...one list for the kiddos, one for DH & me. If you could be here right now, you'd see me on the phone with DH as he runs errands for me this morning. What brand of diapers? How many? Does this sippy cup sound like it will work? Will he eat this type of veggie or fruit? It's so sweet and incredibly cute when he is being helpful.

Rain, rain go away

We're going on our 3000th straight day of rain. Okay, so 3000 is a bit of exaggeration, but I swear it's been raining since I can remember and we've still got chances of rain in the forecast through next Tuesday. We've had our fair share of flooded roadways, rivers, and creeks, but other parts of Texas have gotten it even worse. Parts of the Hill Country had 19-20 inches of rain in 24 hours a couple of days ago. North Texas isn't any better. Homes are flooded, bridges washed out. I can't remember ever getting this much rain at once. The jokes abound around here about needing to build an ark. What's not a joke is that we do need to pray for those people who have lost everything due to these flooding rains. My heart goes out to them.

Even Pook, who loves the rain, is walking around singing Rain, Rain, Go Away. I think it's just because it's cutting into her pool time. Since she learned to swim with her floaties and jump off the side of the pool by herself, all we here is "when do I get to go swimming again?" She's starting to doggy paddle in her bathtub just to keep up her skills. ;)

Other random stuff

Try giving the Diesel a bath these days and you're going to get wet. He luuuhhhuuuvvvvsss his bathtime! He also loves to kick and splash water everywhere. We've got to get him in the pool. My sister gets to do that this week. Lucky her!

I'm so going to miss my kids this next week. I asked DH if I was like this when we left the Pookster for the first time when she was 10 months old. He responded with a quick yes, so I guess it's to be expected that I'm a little anxious about our trip.

Must cut this short for now. IT is coming to run a virus scan on my 'puter.

No comments: