9.11.2008

is tomorrow really friday?

Man, this week has flown by! Is it just me? It kind of has my head spinning.

I hope that you took a minute today just to remember. It's hard to believe that it was 7 years ago. God bless all those who died that day and also bless those men and women who serve in our military to protect and keep us safe.

house news

By now you've probably guessed that we still haven't sold our house. We are definitely at THAT point. It is past time for us to be together as a family again. Need proof? Check this out. She just melts your heart.

whoo misses daddy?

We do, however, have a new realtor. His name is AJ Johnston and he happens to be a good friend. It's always scary working with friends on something as big as this, but we have faith that he's going to get the job done. So please keep praying.

We thought we were going to have houseguests this weekend due to Hurricane Ike, but it seems as our friends have decided to ride out the storm. I told them that they're crazy, but what can you do.

the pookster is 5

I promised a post about our baby girl turning 5 and I guess I should just bite the bullet and do it. I have been doing a lot of scrapping here lately and as I go through pictures I just can't believe where the time went. In the past two weeks, it seems as though she has matured and is carrying this air about her. It's like 5 was a magic number to her. We still have our moments and I have to remind her that 5 year old don't do this or don't act that way, but it's been so weird to watch her transform before my eyes. She still pretty much hates to wear clothes. She would run around and play in the front yard in nothing but her panties if we let her. And talk about a chatterbox! She redefines the word. She's so inquisitive and social it's almost unreal. She's almost 40 inches tall, but still wearing some 3T pants for her teeny tiny waist and butt, but they hover on the edge of being too short. The classic curse of our family! She is the best big sister in the world and Diesel just adores her. You should see them destroy the house chasing each other and rolling around on the floor together. Moments I truly treasure! I had been trying to scrap a page of her with a baby photo and one from her birthday and I finally got it done today. I'll leave you with it. The journaling reads:

When did this happen? When did you get to be such a big girl? I cannot really believe that you are 5. It may sound cliche but it really does seem like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital. A lot has changed since then, but you can bet on one thing...no one will ever love you like your mama does. I know the day is coming when you won’t want to talk to me so for now I’m trying to remember to relish the fact that you are a chatterbox, full of ideas, questions, and songs. My gorgeous girl, you have such a full, vibrant spirit. Everyone says you’ll be famous one day. Know what I say? You already are!

september 2008

then & now

Incidentally, it was picked up today as a gallery standout at the GSO blog.

I'm also uploading all my recent pages to my scrap blog here if you want to see them.

No comments: