8.02.2007

Just a fly by post

I have now landed for at least a little while. K-man, the kids and I took off for Kansas last Friday for a family reunion. Lots of good food and the opportunity to show off the kiddos made the 8 hour drive almost bearable. You know, I could really go for some more of the onion souffle right about now. Think I'll have to post that recipe for all to enjoy.

One of the best men from our wedding (yes, I meant one...K-man had two) got married a couple of months ago and there was a reception for them while we were in Kansas. So after a day of stuffing ourselves we headed over to help our friends celebrate. A grand time was had by all...especially by the Pookster who danced her little feet off. It was a very late night and Sunday morning came a tish too early. I had been asked by K-man's aunt to sing at their church. Now, you may or may not know that I have a horrendous case of stage fright when it comes to singing by myself in public. Not that I don't think I can't sing, I'm just afraid that somebody (or everybody) will think that I'm terrible. Silly, I know, but there you have it. My sweet girl helped me out with that and stood right up there on stage, microphone in hand and sang her little heart out right along with me. Church full of people? Who cares? Not her. It was almost too much for me. She a natural born performer. I'm hoping to post the audio when I get the copy of the service. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll figure out how to do that.

Stopped over at my sister's for the night on Sunday. It's always good to visit with her and then headed south on I-35 Monday morning. Of course, a pit stop for fried pies was in order. Completely not healthy, but oh-so-tasty.

No sooner do we get home that I'm packing again. An overnight staff retreat called me away from home on Tuesday. Needless to say, I am more than happy to have slept in my own bed last night and to know that I'll be enjoying that comfort for a while.

Hotel beds
Which brings to mind a question? Do you have a favorite hotel? Hotel bed? For the most part, we're not 5-star travelers, but after sleeping in a Best Western and a Comfort Inn the past few days...I've got to give my nod to the Comfort Inn for the better bed. Higher off the ground, softer mattress, weighty enough comforter, and plenty o' pillows. Of course, neither compare to the Westin Heavenly Bed. Sometimes I'm just random.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

No doubt my brilliant granddaughter is a born performer. Any day old baby who smiles for the camera before she even leaves the hospital is destined for the stage... I've said since she was one day old. Leslie is a born performer, also. I just regret and apologize for not helping her develope her talent while she was a child. Sweetie, I'm sorry you have such stage fright, but get over it. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND HAVE A BEAUTIFUL VOICE. Keep singing your praises to the Lord, cause you bless my sox off.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!