7.19.2007

My first Top Ten

Once again motivated by Jessica, (who I am not afraid to admit I have a slight girl crush on...I mean, c'mon on...how can you not? The woman is so incredibly creative and just from reading her blog you can tell that she is one of the best mothers on the planet) I am tackling my very first top ten things of right now in no particular order.

1. Watching K-Man play with Pook and Diesel. They adore their father and all is right with the world when I get to watch him in action with them.

2. Spending time with my sister. We live 4 hours apart (too far) and she's visiting for a while with her kids while he DH is deployed to the Middle East. We've spent our time tag-teaming our children as they run the gamut of loving each other sooooo sooooo very much to fighting the way kids do when they've spent too much time together in one sitting. Ours is a special relationship, one that has matured too much to even try to describe over the years. We're finally at that comfortable place where we are able to fully accept each other for who we are individually. We can argue, agree, and then somehow she's the recipient of a MUCH needed pedicure courtesy of moi. I'm a great big sister! ;-)

3. Our weather right now. It's been an incredibly mild summer by Texas standards. TONS (and I do mean TONS) of rain and we've only hit a high in the high 90s once or twice so far...and it's mid-July!

4. Music. I'm singing in a friend's wedding in September so I'm learning the music she wants me to sing. I've also got to pick out a song to sing next Sunday at my DH's childhood church. Must. go. do. that. SOON. I've been listening to a lot of Selah and getting goosebumps. They've got some songs that do it to me everytime.

5. Believe it or not...work. July is a pretty slow month for me in the office actually and I just got my last big project for the summer out of the way so I can relax...just a tish.

6. My tan. Yes, it's incredibly vain, but I love my golden glow.

7. Anything cooked on the grill. DH is a master griller and we had burgers and dogs last night. There's just something about not messing up my kitchen that makes them extra tasty.

8. Summer. Which for me, always includes reading completely worthless books and not feeling guilty about it.

9. Homemade ice cream. DH made some this past weekend and I'm already craving it again. Maybe I can talk him into making more this weekend.

10. Good friends. We've been blessed with some incredible friends. What is is the old saying? In your life you have two families, the ones your born with and the ones you choose. I guess sometimes they choose you, but nevertheless I'm grateful to be able to count good friends as family.

No comments: