5.30.2007

Good times, tired kids...oh, and my first comment

Good times

We spent the Memorial Day weekend at my sister's house. BIL leaves for a 3-month tour in the Middle East next week so we went up to spend some time with the fam. We are so, so proud of him and what he does and don't want to miss the opportunity to tell him so. It's always so good to see them. We desperately wish we lived closer to each other. Our kiddos always have such a great time and there is never a shortage for laughs. Or arguments for that matter. Hey, when you get a 9 yr old, a 5 yr old, a 3 yr old and a 5 month old together there's bound to be tattling going on. Add another 5 yr old to the mix and you have the makings for some loudness. We did our fair share of refereeing and shushing, but it was all worth it. We also got to visit with my dear sweet grandmother. She's living on her own again and has the cutest little two bedroom cottage. Can I just tell you how much I love this woman? I'm telling you that the seat next to Jesus in heaven is marked reserved especially for her. She is the godliest, best person I know and we are extremely blessed to have her in our lives.



Tired kids (mommy & daddy, too)

Our original intent was to travel home on Sunday, but the Baylor Bears made the championship game of the Big 12 baseball tournament so we spent the afternoon at the ballpark. As you can tell by the photos, we had two very, very tired kids on our hands. Needless to say, we spent another night and it was as it should be because we got to just sit and visit around the new fire pit on the patio.

Sweet angel faces.




And btw, I'm completely stoked!!!! Even though I do this blog primarily for me and my fam, it's kinda cool to know somebody else actually visited. So, thanks to Christine for posting a comment. Who knew I would be this giddy over a little ol' comment?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Awwww! They're so cute! I love kids when they're sleeping... so calm and quiet. ;)

Anonymous said...

The young man with a great name is doing my favorite thing...sleeping, you just can't get any better than a "Scott" taking a nap!

Chica Grande said...

Good times were had by all and I'm seriously working on some way to get us living closer together!