8.08.2008

'08 summer olympics

Does anyone else love the Olypmics like I do? From the Opening Ceremonies to the last day, I'm like a junkie. I keep track of the mdeal counts and I'm glued to my TV to watch even random events like trampoline. Did you know that was an actual event? Don't even get me started. I can only imagine what it would be like to participate in just the Opening Ceremonies. To walk into that stadium full of people representing the country you love would just be the coolest thing. Tonight's ceremonies were quite the spectacle and done quite well. I'm amazed at the technology behind it all. However, now that they are over...let the games begin! Bring on Michael Phelps, Jeremy Wariner, Dara Torres, the USA softball team, women's gymnastics, beach volleyball...do I really need to go on? I love the Olympics! The athlete in me just can't help it.

something else to look at...

Okay, so I make no secret that this is one of my all time fave shots of the kiddos. Crazy, since you can't see either one of their faces. However, to me it was the perfect shot that day (as evidenced by the fact I use it in my blog header). I know it's overkill, but I can't help it. Anyway, Kaye Winiecki and Tara Dunstan have this fabulous kit called All That Twitters that I swear was taylor-made for this photo so I had to show you what I came up with.

a perfect day

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

You get it honest. We are glued to the Olympics, also. But then again, we've always loved the Olympics, and probably the Summer Olympics better than the Winter. However, we do love the skating, don't we?