8.28.2008

digiscrap info

I've had a few people ask me for info on digiscrap and so I thought I'd knock it all out by blogging it. (What a fantastic idea, Leslie!) Hey, cut me some slack...it's late and I'm trying. :) Please, please, please, don't think I'm an ol' pro at this by any means. I'm constantly learning and having fun, but I'll do my best to pass on what I've learned so far.

I was a pseudo-paper scrapper for years. By pseudo I mean, I had all the stuff, but only pulled it out when I had some waaayyyy extended free time or if LaNae and I were getting together for some planned scrapping. With the digital camera era I found that I printed my photos less and less and would either post them on my old website, email them or blog them. When Diesel was born, I designed his birth announcement and it wasn't long before I fell head long into digital scrapbooking. The question I get asked most is what program I use. I use Photoshop Elements 5 but Adobe has just released PSE7. I've used the full versions of Photoshop but I really like how user-friendly (not to mention cheaper) PSE5 is. As with any software, there will be a learning curve. The best method is trial and error. Ctrl-Z is the shortcut for undo and it becomes your best friend.

The next question I get is where do you get kits, background papers, elements, etc. When I started I basically googled free digital scrapbooking kits. The best site around for freebies is Ikea Goddess. Seriously, this woman puts in a massive amount of time sorting through the gobs of stuff out there and posts her picks daily. If you stop by, make sure you leave her some love in her comments.

What is going to follow next is a list of online galleries and forums where you can get a wealth of inspiration and a bevy of information about how to get sucked into this addiction. LOL!

my scrapbook art
digishoptalk
scrapartist
the digichick

I'm currently on creative teams (CTs) for two fantastic designers. I'd be remiss if I didn't steer you in their direction for supplies. Just click the blinkies to the right and you'll get to their stores. As far as my other favorite designers and shoppes, here's a list of those, too!

shabby miss jenn
the lilypad
sweet shoppe designs
shabby pickle
catscrap

Oh, Jessica Sprague has some great tutorials for Photoshop. She's absolutely fabulous at making it easy to understand.

Okay, I think that just about covers it for now. Please feel free to email me if you've got questions. I promise I'll do my best to help you out!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Great timing! I was just emailing Stephanie with a few instructions when I popped over here and saw that you had posted, so I sent her your blog link. Thanks sweetie! Good job!