7.26.2007

Today I am 35

Yes, today is my birthday and I am officially closer to 40 than 30. Wow! Not that I'm complaining. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 30s to this point. Most of the great stuff in my life has happened in (or around) this decade of my life and I have much, much, much to be grateful for. I think it's fitting to take stock of who I am in this point in my life.

I am a child of God. Forever forgiven, loved, and blessed.
I am a wife to the love of my life. He often deserves better than me, but I am ever thankful for the life we have together.
I am a mother to two gorgeous children who light up my life. I never knew it was possible to love this much.
I am a daughter to two wonderful mothers - one by birth and one by marriage.
I am a sister to my incredible sister and her fabulous husband and aunt to their two great kids.
I am a niece and cousin in a fantastic family.
I am a loyal friend to those that really matter.
I am a working professional at a job I love.
I am a volunteer to help those in need.
I am, at best, a horrible housekeeper. I can procrastinate with the best of them.
I am a self-confessed computer junkie. I love my Photoshop, my message boards, my blog.
I am a perfectionist when it comes to things I want to be good at.
I am a happy person who loves to make others smile.
I am passionate about the things I believe in and not afraid to let you know it.
I am a 35 year young woman who is quite comfortable in her skin and in her place in life.

Just a small list of who I am that will probably get added to as I think of more.

BTW, Pook took the picture. She did a fabulous job, don't you think?

Happy Birthday to me!

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Awesome! My first born is 35! God is good. Love your writings. Girls in the office here enjoyed as well. As your children get older, they can read about their mama and how much she loves them and what a special lady she is. They are truly blessed. I am so proud of you and love you more than you will ever know. Pook is a really good photographer! It's in her genes. :-) Hugs, Mom

LaVon Baker said...

Afterthought by Mom: In these days of political correctness, which I rarely am, I thought I would clarify that Leslie is speaking of her wonderful mother (me) and her wonderful mother-by-marriage (her mother-in-law). Her mother isn't married to another woman. You knew that.

Nae said...

Thanks for the clarification Nonna! ( I am laughing sooo hard! )

Great post Mom... you can add some things to your list:

You are a mother to a 23 year old daughter and you do not have to be.

You are talented and creative.

You are a great listener, that dependable person that is always there.

You are a teacher, and by teacher I mean an amazing role model ( I have told you this many times )

You are a precious gift and I thank God ALL the time that it was in his great big plan that you would be a HUGE part of my life!

I LOVE YOU !!

and P.S.

You are a dork at times as well! :)